Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Monona Grove School District
Director of Student Services
Madison, WI 53716 United States
The Monona Grove School District is seeking a highly skilled educational leader to provide leadership and coordinate the district’s student services, overseeing all areas of service for students with special needs including articulation of special education into the regular classroom.
We seek a Director of Student Services who expresses his/her mission through action.
We are committed to selecting a Director of Student Services with vision who can seek input, include others, then set objectives, priorities and deadlines, and manage challenges to strengthen student services.
Education, training, experience:
Minimum Level of Education Required:
• Master’s degree with an emphasis in student services and/or special education.
Minimum Experience Required:
• Five (5) years successful experience as a teacher, counselor, school psychologist and/or school administrator and experience with special education and other student services.
• #80 Director of Special Education and Pupil Services Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction license.
Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To:
• Responsible for the efficient and effective operation of student services throughout the District.
• Research best practices, make recommendations for innovative solutions and implement changes that will impact instruction for students.
• Evaluate and recommend staffing needs using effective and efficient use of staff throughout the District
• Supervise, evaluate and monitor the Individualized Educational Program (IEP) process.
• Evaluate special education programs to ensure objectives for student achievement are met.
• Assists with the development and implementation of effective alternative programs for at risk students.
• Establish staff development programs for all special education and student services staff as appropriate and necessary including federal, state and local special education policies and legal issues.
• Ensures effective communication of available and appropriate services to parents. Responsible to help parents understand their rights, choices and the school’s role in the education of their child.
• Responsible to prepare required and requested DPI, federal, state and local regulatory agencies and district reports.
Our site works best with
Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Copyright © 2009 Association Career Network. All rights reserved.
Terms & Conditions