Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
The Madison Metropolitan School District
DIRECTOR-EQUITY & FAMILY INVOLVEMENT
Madison, WI 53703 United States
Salary range for 2012-13 is $87,450-$101,945 for 225 days employment. Salary range for 2013-14 will be determined later in the year. Additional compensation includes a full line of benefits and a generous Merit Pay Program with progression determined on performance and years of service.
Under the supervision of the Chief Diversity Officer, the Director-Equity & Family Involvement:
1. Researches, plans, implements and evaluates District-wide equity initiatives related to family involvement.
2. Implements assigned areas of Equity Policy and the Achievement Gap Plan.
3. Supports the planning, implementation and evaluation of district-wide diversity training.
4. In collaboration with the Director of Equity and Student Achievement and other District/department leadership, implements initiatives to monitor District compliance with Board Policy 9001 (Equity) and prepares annual report to the Board of Education.
5. Leads collaborative efforts to increase family engagement and involvement with District and school –based opportunities and initiatives related to family involvement.
6. Leads collaborative efforts with departments and schools to advance equity initiatives.
7. Researches best practices, local, state and federal government policies related to educational equity issues.
8. Collaboratively plans and implements relevant professional development with the Professional Development Department.
9. Hires, supervises and evaluates Equity and Family Involvement staff.
10. Provides direction and support to all assigned staff.
11. Represents division on District and community committees.
12. Manages division human and financial resources.
13. Pursues appropriate grant opportunities.
14. Meets regularly with the Chief of Staff, Deputy Superintendent and Director of Equity & Student Achievement.
15. Serves as chairperson of committees as designated.
16. Implements assigned areas of Equity Policy and Strategic Plan.
Education, training, experience:
1. Master’s Degree in an educational field and/or Social Services, Human Services related field.
2. Administrative license #10 (Director of Instruction) or #51 (Principal).
3. Wisconsin certification in teaching.
4. Minimum of three (3) years of administrative or leadership experience or
5. Minimum of three (3) years experience providing school-wide equity-related leadership or
6. Minimum of three (3) years experience in the field of race relations, equity, diversity, multicultural education, family engagement and/or related field or 3 years combination of #4, 5 and 6.
7. Experience in problem solving complex and diverse issues concerning the education of all students and families.
8. Experience working cross-culturally and/or commitment to work toward improving one's own cultural competence i.e., valuing difference/diversity, recognizing personal limitations in one's skills and expertise, and having the desire to learn in these areas.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
1. Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate equity-related programs and initiatives.
2. Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate diversity training.
3. Demonstrated ability to manage human and financial resources.
4. Demonstrated ability to write grant proposals as well as reports for publication.
5. Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and evaluate multicultural curriculum.
6. Demonstrated ability to integrate standards, benchmarks and assessments into multicultural curriculum.
7. Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and evaluate professional staff.
8. Demonstrated ability to work with racially/ethnically, linguistically and socioeconomically diverse communities and staff.
9. Demonstrated ability to apply computer technology in the performance of duties and responsibilities.
Our site works best with
Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Copyright © 2009 Association Career Network. All rights reserved.
Terms & Conditions