Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
The Madison Metropolitan School District
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT FOR BUSINESS
Madison, WI 53703 United States
Salary range for 2012/13 is $113,494-$133,033 for 225 days of employment. Salary range for 2013-14 will be determined at a later date. Additional compensation includes a full line of benefits and a generous Merit Pay Program with progression determined on performance and years of service.
Under the supervision of the Superintendent of Schools, serves as Chief Operating and Financial Officer.
1. Directs, supervises and exercises responsibility for all business services functions through subordinate staff;
2. Oversees building and grounds, accounting, finance, purchasing, transportation, food services, property management and the District’s budget development process;
3. Liaison to Board of Education Operational Support committee activities;
4. Provides the Superintendent of Schools and Board of Education with accounting and budgeting information;
5. Responsible for development of fine-year budget projections updated annually;
6. Attends Board of Education and community meetings to present information regarding District business services, maintenance and repair, food services, transportation and purchasing to the Board of Education;
7. Coordinates special projects;
8. Develops and coordinates community committees for focus on process and deliverable improvements;
9. Member of the District’s negotiation team for all employee unions;
10. Serves as Secretary to the Board of Education and District Custodian of Records;
11. Receives and directs all legal papers served on the District;
12. Approves all contracts for the District;
13. Oversees the operating and maintenance of District facilities;
14. Authorizes funding to make repairs due to exigent circumstances;
15. Plans for and directs the acquisition and construction of new facilities including working with architects, engineers, attorneys (bond counsel), regulatory agencies, financial advisors and professional consultants to develop final plans;
16. Works with contractors regarding capital improvement projects;
17. Prepares mandated reports for state and federal agencies;
18. Initiates, administers, reviews and authorizes purchasing and competitive bid operations;
19. Develops requests for proposals to secure consultants for specialized work;
20. Continuous process improvement for service to schools.
Education, training, experience:
1. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting or related field.
2. A minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible business management and administrative experience in a large organization or public education setting, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
3. Currently certified or eligible to be certified by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction as a School Business Administrator (08).
4. Per Board of Education policy, residency in the District is required.
5. Experience working cross-culturally and/or commitment to work toward improving one's own cultural competence i.e., valuing difference/diversity, recognizing personal limitations in one's skills and expertise and having the desire to learn in these areas.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
1. Experience in providing strong and creative leadership.
2. Demonstrated ability to foster and develop cohesiveness among staff.
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
4. Experience in the supervision and evaluation of professional staff.
5. Demonstrated commitment to Affirmative Action staffing.
6. Demonstrated ability to use technology and data to improve the delivery of services.
7. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse ethnic and socioeconomic communities.
8. Demonstrated ability to build structures for collaborative decision-making.
Our site works best with
Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Copyright © 2009 Association Career Network. All rights reserved.
Terms & Conditions