Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
DeForest Area School District
Superintendent of Schools
DeForest, WI 53532 United States
DeForest Area School District is seeking an innovative and motivated educational leader with a strong background in collaborative management and excellent communication skills to become Superintendent. Our 4K-12 school district is located 10 miles northeast of Madison, WI and serves 3500 students with a staff of 430 and operates with $36 million budget. Appointment will be made in April 2013 with a start date of July 1, 2013. The successful candidate will be offered a regionally competitive compensation package. For more information about the district, please visit www.deforest.k12.wi.us
Education, training, experience:
Candidates must be licensed or eligible for licensure as superintendent in Wisconsin. Candidates must have at least 5 years administrative and/or central office experience, 5 or more years experience as a Superintendent preferred.
The successful candidate will possess:
• Proven ability to foster instructional improvement and support strategic implementation of commonly owned system goals;
• Skill in developing and implementing a district-wide organizational structure that supports high quality education;
• Effective communication and engagement skills with all stakeholders
• Skill in developing effective relationships with board members, students, staff, parents and community;
• Creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
• A life-long passion for learning with an approach that promotes a high level of student achievement and continual system-wide improvement;
• Skill in leveraging technology in a manner that promotes communication and a well-integrated, data-driven approach to education;
• A history of collaborative team building and inclusive leadership that incorporates the needs, thoughts and priorities of staff, administrators, community members, parents and municipal officials.
• An ability to promote the DeForest Area Schools locally and state-wide in a manner that showcases the quality of what we offer students and families;
• Thorough knowledge of educational issues, best practices and methods for meeting the individual needs of students;
• Proven skills in developing and implementing cost effective budgets and developing revenue sources that support system-wide goals and vision;
• A record of success in recruiting, developing and retaining high quality personnel;
• Experience in facilitating a district’s implementation of required state and national educational reforms;
• Strong, principle-centered management style.
Our site works best with
Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Copyright © 2009 Association Career Network. All rights reserved.
Terms & Conditions